We offer the following clinics at Ashgrove Group Practice
- Antenatal/Postnatal Clinic – Held by Midwife
- Breast Feeding Clinic – Held by the Health Visitor
- Child Health Surveillance Clinic – Held by the Health Visitor/GP
- Child Immunisation Clinic – Held by the Health Visitor
- Smoking Cessation Clinic – WEDNESDAY
- Physiotheraphy – TUESDAY & FRIDAY – Sheena Ewing
- APP Physio Clinics – EVERY MONDAY – Vicky Graham
- Cervical Smears – TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY (2.30pm – 4.10pm) Treatment Room Nurse
- Addictions – Robyn Mulholland
For the convenience of our patients we no longer dedicate specific times to chronic disease management but rather offer patients appointments to suit them with the health professional managing chronic diseases (usually the Practice Nurse).
The Practice Nurse also offers appointments for Cervical Smears to suit patients rather than dedicating specific times.
The practice offers the full range of childhood vaccinations/immunisations and appointments are usually arranged via a Central System/NHS Lothian.
The Doctors and Health Visitors are happy to discuss any concerns you may have.
Maternity medical services are provided in partnership with the district midwives. To make an appointment with a midwife call NHS Lothian Maternity Services on 0131 536 2009.
Lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4.45pm. They will ask for some details and will give you and appointment with a midwife for around 8-10 weeks into your pregnancy and a scan appointment for 11-14 weeks.
If you require an interpreter for the appointments this will also be booked at this time.
Details of these appointments and some information leaflets will be posted out to you within two weeks.
Contraceptive services are provided mainly during normal surgery hours, except for fitting intra-uterine contraceptive devices and caps, which is carried out at pre-arranged times.
Psychiatrists from St. John’s Hospital consult every week on a Friday morning at Ashgrove Health Centre.